Remote Rendering Farm

mrscott

OK, I know this is a bit strange but here goes.

With the winter upon us, I will be working in town at my apartment but have my DUAL Xeon WS at another location. Is it possible to use the XEON as a remote Render Farm while I work on plans and details at my apartment on a Laptop? Here is what I would like to do.

*  Be able to run and control my XEON system remotely from town. I would connect to it remotely, Run X8 or X7, transfer the files to render.

I would need to connect to the XEON remotely with my Laptop with some kind of software and be able to transfer files (share across a private network so to speak) and control the XEON to be able to open files and start the renders.

I currently use X8 for design but could I run X7 on the XEON and open the X8 files and render?  I have licenses for both.

My hope is someone on this forum has done such a configuration and would be willing to offer advise.

Thanks all,

Johnny,

I am not familiar with the FREE APPS you mentioned. Also, I should have been clearer. I want to send send Camera shots to RAYTRACE. I'm not going to purchase a second license just for rendering. Has anyone had experience with third party software?

Thanks,

Scott, Check with Tech Support to be sure but I believe you can have X8 installed on two machines under one licence as long as you transfer the Licence activation between machines.  So if you were running batches overnight this might work for you with a remote access app.