Is Quadrant Input Messed Up?

Richard_Morrison

Go to solution Solved by Richard_Morrison,

I am trying to input some property lines, but for some reason, the lines end up horizontal. For example, I input N79d 87'W, and it ends up N90dW. Any idea of what could be going on? I've never experienced this before. I've tried in both plan view and a detail view. Same result.

I have the same problem and reported it to tech support a few months ago, maybe during Beta. I assumed it was because I am on a Mac, maybe not. Enter each line individually and hit OK. DO NOT USE THE NEXT BUTTON. Also, enter degrees, minutes and seconds, i.e., N79d 87' 0"W.

That happened to me also,  I forgot how I fixed it or if I did fix it for that particular plan.  I just tried it in new plan and all is okay.  Does it happen in all your plans or just that one?

I have the same problem and reported it to tech support a few months ago, maybe during Beta. I assumed it was because I am on a Mac, maybe not.

Enter each line individually and hit OK.

Incorrect,  you can tab to each entry

DO NOT USE THE NEXT BUTTON. 

You are correct to a point,   you must TAB to the NEXT button,  and then hit NEXT,  and then you can continue inputting,  this has been reported but for some reason it was not fixed.

TAB to NEXT,  then hit NEXT

Also, enter degrees, minutes and seconds, i.e., N79d 87' 0"W.

Not necessary,  I use N79 87 33W   and it works

It all works pretty well except you must TAB to the NEXT button,  and then hit the NEXT button.  It was reported during BETA but not fixed.

• Solution

Well, I think I may have found my problem. The surveyor's boundaries had a typo, with a minute number over 60, that I was blindly trying to type in without thinking. (N79d 87'W) Once the minute number got under 60 (duh), everything worked. However, I guess I would have preferred an error message to just drawing the line at a horizontal angle but at the correct length.