How Do I Print A High Quality Elevation?

agrogers

Hi 

I am sure I must be doing something wrong because this seems like such an important feature that it must be somewhere.

I just want to print an elevation view (see http://screencast.com/t/d10xdX2yKJ) at the same quality that I print a plan view. I can 'Print an Image' but that is just a screen export and so the resolution is no higher than the screen resolution. When that is printed to A4 or worse A3, the text is horrible with smaller text unreadable. 

How do I:

• print a high res elevation view
  • or export a good quality elevation

Thanks

Andrew

Open your elevation view. File > Send to Layout. Choose a scale. 

If you want it in color, go back to your elevation view and choose File > Export > EMF. Drag to select your building. Enter the DPI you need in order to print cleanly at the scale you're using. Then import the EMF file into your layout (File > Import) and rescale it manually to match up with your scaled elevation.  

If you don't need it to scale, just export the EMF at the size/DPI you will be printing.

Thanks for all the response everyone. Appreciate the help!

I did Send to Layout only my problem is that all the Vector options were disabled. See below. I am only new to this program and have never seen them enabled :)  So i need to do a little searching to see what is going on here I think. Converting to vector should fix my problem.

2014-06-04_2226.png

Ok, thanks for your help everyone. I am not sure exactly what I did to fix the problem. I created a new elevation (my document had been converted from the DIY version). That new elevation had all the settings enabled. And i got my vector view which is great. So I went back to my other elevation and, lo, the settings were enabled.

I can see that the settings are only enabled for the vector view (which makes sense now :) 

I do seem to be missing a few lines on the elevation sent to layout but hopefully that will make sense once i fiddle with a few of the settings. 

Thanks again for the help.