KellyD

Saved Dimension Defaults

Hello,

I am a new user...I have consulted my book, watched video uploads, but cannot find the answer to my question.....

When I open "Saved Dimension Defaults" the only option is "NKBA Dimension Defaults".  I do not have any of the others, such as "1/4" Scale Dimension Defaults" etc.  Also don't see how I can add it other that copy and format it myself.  Does anyone know if I can import these other defaults options?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Kelly

You could make a copy of NKBA and rename and edit it but I would call tech support in the morning and ask what happened to all of you default formats that are shown in my attachment with possibly the exception of Plot Plan Defaults that I created.  They should all come with X8 unless you managed to delete them some how.

post-4797-0-10243700-1475030110_thumb.jpg

Likely you used the NKBA plan template which only has those Dim Defaults. If you are using Premier you can import annotation sets from the Profile.plan template. If you have Interiors you either have to copy and edit the default OR open new plan using the profile.plan template and then copy everything you have to that. Likely safer and easier to add another default by copying.

• Upvote 1

Thank you both for the information!  It looks like the Interiors version of x7 only has the the NKBA dimensions, even on the profile.plan template.

You can develop your own dimension defaults as well - I have a set for each of the different types of plans, controlled through the Annotation Set menu, which can control both dimension defaults and layerset, current layer, etc. - I use one each for floor framing, wall framing, roof framing, finish, etc. so that depending on what I'm doing, everything is sorted as it should be. Hope this helps!

Kyle, the OP is using Interiors, that does not have annotation sets.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    KiwiArc
    Newest Member
    KiwiArc

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By sascea
      Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By CHROMATICGA17
      Need to set default pricing for product/materials to use as default template. This way generating my materials list will be quicker.  I do not want to enter vendor specific pricing.  I want to enter labor pricing for specific materials.  I want this to default to my setting per item/sf/etc. each time i choose that template to start a plan. 

I hope this question makes sense.  Please help.
    • By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.