room planner and i7100

Canuck

I've got a friend who's got more money than brains. (Just sold his successful aviation company). They've asked me to do something I rarely do...renovation project. Their current home is a small 8,000 sq ft and they want to add another 4,000+-200 sq ft for a home office and shooting range/gunsmithing room. And while I'm at it, they want some other small changes in the Mastersuite and greatroom...ya, the house is tight....So to make life easier on me, I'm thinking about purchasing a Android tablet and the i7100 lieca for doing the site/structure measure and layout. Anyone worked with this set up and the Room planner software...is it worth the money and time investment?

Room planner has no way to measure the property outside the house, I think this is important. It would be nice to draw a box for the property line, adjust any angles that property has, and dimension to it. Also notes should be easier b/c ,I add lots of notes and take a 100 pictures when I measure for a remodel. When room planner has that then I'm in, except for the pictures, I can do that with a camera.

Room planner has no way to measure the property outside the house, I think this is important. It would be nice to draw a box for the property line, adjust any angles that property has, and dimension to it. Also notes should be easier b/c ,I add lots of notes and take a 100 pictures when I measure for a remodel. When room planner has that then I'm in, except for the pictures, I can do that with a camera.

I think it was the Curmudgeon who pointed out the name is ROOM PLANNER,  it is not HOUSE PLANNER.  I am with you Perry,  for us folks that have to draw a full set of plans of the  entire house,  ROOM PLANNER does not cut it.....   or I should say,  nobody has shown me how I could use it.

I am sure it works great for some folks who only need to deal with several rooms and do not need to locate setbacks etc.

I have been keeping tabs on room planner and it has gotten a lot better with each new version, and almost there. It could be a really good measuring device with a few tweaks, espically for us eye challenged people, it's even hard to read my own writing at this point.