I'm new to Chief, I'm using X-8

I have just started drawing the wall on a new plan. I'm getting extra lines at the wall intersections.

I've looked at other drawings that I have worked on and these line do not show up in those drawings.

I have attached the plan. Does anyone know why these extra wall line are showing up at the wall

intersections and how do I get rid of them ?

Thanks,

Mike

Lee.plan

Thanks Larry. That worked.

Question. When would I want that layer displayed in the drawings?

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks Larry. That worked.

Question. When would I want that layer displayed in the drawings?

Thanks again,

Mike

You might want those lines if you were particular about how you wanted certain walls constructed.  In the wall's Structure tab is a heading titled Wall Intersections.  That setting decides how your walls will be constructed. 

For example, the 2 rooms in the attached image are identical.  One is displaying framing and one is not so you can see what is happening with the wall intersections.  The wall at the top is set to "Through Wall At Start" and "Through Wall At End".

post-46-0-72165100-1467342821_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike for showing that to me. I had no idea that we this kind of control over the wall framing.

It looks like I have a lot to learn about this program. 

Thanks again,

Mike

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CaptainEric
    Newest Member
    CaptainEric

• By KirkHodgson
      I'm looking to make my retaing wall larger than the terrain heights.
      In the instructions in this page, https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00652/changing-the-height-of-a-retaining-wall.html
      I did all the steps, but the last point. In section/elevation, when I try to click the retaining walls, nothing happens. I don't get boxes or any selection at all.
      What is happening that I can't make this selection?
      I want to make my wall 6" above the grade/terrain elevation, and I want to drop the foundation of the wall by 24". How do I do this?

Please assist.
      Thank you.

• By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By mprovost129
      Hi all. I'm fairly new to the software and have only been using it since October. I have a client who wants a wood framed chimney extruding from the middle of the roof up from the gas fireplace. I've tried a bunch of different options to make this work but can't figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to draw walls on top of the roof?

Thank you!

• By Designer100
      In 3d there is a wall sticking out. see jpeg attached. I cannot figure it out to remove.
      NEW-William_Dowdell_Dr.plan