Sign in to follow this  
English

Blocks

I'm trying to explode a block I made but get a message saying it cannot be exploded because the X Y scaling are different. Is there anyway I get around this?
Thanks
Alan

Drug the block from library into your plan. Explode it immediately, prior to resizing.

I'm trying to explode a block I made but get a message saying it cannot be exploded because the X Y scaling are different. Is there anyway I get around this?

Thanks

Alan

Open the block and change the size factors to 1.0 and 1.0.

Note: I'm not at my computer to test, but other size factors might work as well so long as they match each other (.5 and .5, .2 and .2, 2.0 and 2.0, etc.) .

Michael

the current height and width are 162" and 272 13/16".  If I change the width to 162" it screws up the ration.

Alan

Don't change the actual width or height. Just the "Size Factor"...and once you explode the block you can change it back to whatever you want.

Drug the block from library into your plan. Explode it immediately, prior to resizing.

I added it to my library and then brought it back in and can now explode it.

Thanks

Alan

I added it to my library and then brought it back in and can now explode it.

Thanks

Alan

That is because when you added it to the library the block's scaling factor reverted to what it was when the block was created (the block you sent to the library and the one you pasted back in the plan were different sizes). This is another way of doing what Michael suggested.