How to import these details

tawfik

I am trying to import these wall sections and details that were drawn in AutoCAD into Chief x7. For some reason the line weights change, the text moves away from the arrows and overall the details are pretty much un-usable. 

Any tips for getting these into chief?

Thanks 

Archive.zip

Import, explode and then repair the details. This sometimes happens to AutoCAD imports, sometimes it does not. I do not know what causes the variations but I just do what I must when it is important to use an AutoCAD created drawing.

DJP

The text issue can be fixed by opening the details in AutoCAD and exploding all the Mtext to Text. That will give you the correct text justification when imported into Chief.

AFAIK the arrows will have to be fixed in Chief, but it's pretty easy to select them all and change the arrow head type back to "closed filled".

The lineweights are being imported into Chief accurately - at least as far as they are defined within the AutoCAD drawing. I suggest opening in AutoCAD, select everything, and change the Lineweight to ByLayer, then during import map the the drawing file layers to "Chief Architect layers by name." This will give you control of Chief linestyles on a by-layer basis.