Groups?

4hotshoez

Is there a way to group and ungroup things together like a garage with its foundation, walls and roof configuration and then move them around and rotate in plan to adjust a design? Or is there some other way to do what I want?

You can not block walls.

You can select exterior walls with roof planes and rotate them as much as you want. Attached windows and doors will move with the structure.

I do not build foundation until the end after roof planes are set, software in general does good job deriving the foundation. 

The sequence of what gets built when is irrelevant at this point as the design is done and the construction docs are mostly done, but the client wants to know "what if" Walls and foundations tend to be sticky and create a mess unless they are moved far enough away, but then ti move them back requires careful planning if too close. I use two other apps that have a group feature. This makes it easier to select the whole group by selecting one element in a group and the group is autonomous in that it does not react with other objects of similar type, such as two walls. However, groups in these apps are also editable without destroying the group.

Just do a save as of the plan and layout right now and then make all the changes you want to the second version. No need to go back and try to undo anything... If you don't like your changes, simply revert to the old plan. That's how I personally handle situations like that anyway.