Move object from ceiling to wall?

blackandwhite

Hi! 

Thanks for the excellent forum, first off. It's been amazingly helpful to read your questions and answers as I learn to use Suite.

I've found a ceiling mount light fixture symbol online that I like a lot. It's a flush light strip.

I want the same as a wall mount too (above my vanity) but can't find a symbol like that so far online.

Is there an easy way to move or convert a 'ceiling mount' lighting object to a 'wall mount?'

I've tried the usual suspects but just dragging and command-dragging still seems to retain the sort of 'snap to ceiling' property of the original light.

Any help would be much appreciated!

post-10149-0-07883700-1457704546_thumb.png

Thanks! 

I just tried what you suggested. It appears I can "Open Object" but not "Open Symbol" – I wonder if that is part of the problem?

Attached are the options that come up for me, I can't see an Option to change to wall mount.

Is this something to do with the actual 3d item I have imported, or is it just how I am accessing it?

I am using HD Suite.

post-10149-0-62988500-1457706929_thumb.png

post-10149-0-60173600-1457706931_thumb.png

post-10149-0-08032500-1457706934_thumb.png

Thanks Solver, I will go check out those forums now.

Joe_Carrick, thanks for your post too!

Apologies if I am missing something totally obvious, but I don't see the "chair" you're referring to.

Is it visible somewhere in this screen grab?

Sorry guys, I'm usually quick to pick these things up but this has been giving me some grief!

Cheers

post-10149-0-68437400-1457708640_thumb.png

Thanks Solver, I will go check out those forums now.

Joe_Carrick, thanks for your post too!

Apologies if I am missing something totally obvious, but I don't see the "chair" you're referring to.

Is it visible somewhere in this screen grab?

Sorry guys, I'm usually quick to pick these things up but this has been giving me some grief!

Cheers

By looking at your image, it looks like you can save it to your user library. If so, then you can do as Joe says. After selecting the object, look at the edit toolbar at the bottom of your screen, it looks like you have the option to save it to your library.