Sign in to follow this  
johndraw1

What previous versions can I sell and still keep using Premier X5?

Hi all,

I have every release of Chief from Version 3.0 to Premier X5.

Does anyone know what (if any) versions I can sell and still retain the legal and functional use of Premier X5.

Thanks,

John Halls

Peterborough, Ontario

Assuming that you upgraded them, then you can't sell any of them.  Once you upgrade a version, you can't sell any of the older versions.  Please see your EULA for more info.  If you still have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department.

John:

there have been requests for donations of lost hardware keys

if you see one, work with CA's customer service to verify the requestor has a valid license

I have done this a few times and I only charge $5 to cover the cost of mailing

Lew

Assuming that you upgraded them, then you can't sell any of them.  Once you upgrade a version, you can't sell any of the older versions.  Please see your EULA for more info.  If you still have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department.

Dermot,

Can the CD's and Manuals for older versions be sold - (X1 and prior) if they don't include the hardware locks?  In that case they could only be used by someone who had a valid license with an existing hardware lock.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By ARDSdesign
      I would like to know other users methods of saving file versions that make life a little easier. Anyone who would like to share how they save file versions I would love to hear from you. Do you number them? Do you name the file with the clients name and also number them? I would just like to hear from you all. Thank you in advance for taking a moment to let me know what works for you I appreciate the input.
    • By SNestor
      I watched a Chief video this morning about their recommended method to save "versions" of a plan...it was interesting.  I was wondering if those of you who use the software regularly use this method....or not. 

My method has been to just save a file with a version designation...but, I do like the tracking ability of the CA recommended method.  

What do you all think?

Here is the video...https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1951/file-management-sharing-collaborating.html?playlist=81

• By DRAWZILLA
      Just something I found

Copyright-Basics-Home-Designers.pdf
    • By markbm
      I'm looking to purchase another license of X5 and do not have SSA.   Not looking to upgrade at this time.  Have already contacted Chief and they said they don't offer X5 for purchase any more.

If anyone has an X5 license for Chief Architect for sale, please let me know..

Thanks,

Mark