Help with Roofline for addition?

Redsierra

Hello.

I am building an addition to my cabin at the lake and bought Chief Architect Suite pretty much soley to see what the cabin would look like with a shed / hip style roof on the addition.  It wouldn't do it so I upgraded to Architectural....still nada.  For a one off project it isn't worth it to upgrade AGAIN to the $500 version.  I hear with that version roof lines are a breeze.

Is there any way that some nice soul out there could at a 4/12 pitch shed / hip style roof joining to the gable of the 12/12 pitch main cabin roof like my cut and hack "paint" that I threw together?  I understand that if some does this for me I could no longer edit it in my Architectural software....but that's fine.  I just really need to see what it looks like.

As you can see there is a version of a gable on the front of the existing building that I can't draw either.

There is an existing window that is about 4 ft x 4 ft on the gable that the shed / hip roof will join onto.  To acheive what I need to acheive I will change the size of the window to as small as I need too.  I would just need to know how small based on an 8 ft ceiling.

My plan is 11 mb and too large to attach here.

This link SHOULD work:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4C7704A51D0CC908!1169&authkey=!APAxTx3UxABzjj0&ithint=file%2c.plan

Thanks?!

which version of HD Suite do you have ?

if a chiefer offers to help they will need to have the compatable version

they will also need to set the HD edit flag so that you can open their revised plan

depending on the changes they make you may not be able to edit some areas of the plan

so if you need changes done in those areas they might need to do them

Lew

which version of HD Suite do you have ?

if a chiefer offers to help they will need to have the compatable version

they will also need to set the HD edit flag so that you can open their revised plan

depending on the changes they make you may not be able to edit some areas of the plan

so if you need changes done in those areas they might need to do them

Lew

Hi Lew.

I have HD Architectural 2014.

As far as the roof line is concerned I really don't care if I can't edit it later.  I just need to see if it will look good.  I just need a starting point and then we can modify it accordingly when we build the addition.  I would assume that someone with more advanced software can modify it and I should be able to read it with my Architectural version of the Chief software.....just not modify it further.

I REALLY would appreciate someone helping.

Thanks Kbird.

I will do.  I ended up upgrading to Home Designer Pro.  

I am still having issues though.

I will head over to the other forum.

If you like, you can send me your plan file and place text with arrows in the plan for what you want to do. I can take a look at it. Please send me your phone number too. My email address in is my signature. I have a 25MB file limit for each email attachment. If it's over that, then zip it.