Hardware Lock

YellowfinDesign

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

How do I set CA on my desktop computer to look for a hardware lock. I want to be able to use CA on my laptop when I am away from my desk. 

I already have a hardware lock form CA Version 10.0.

I have been using CA X5 since January 2014. When upgrading from v10, I did not see/know how to make the program look for the Hardware lock. I think the only way now is to disable the desktop version . My laptop does not always have internet connection.

Please help.

Thank You

• Solution

The version 10 hardware lock will not work on X5.

If you upgrade to X6, you can deactivate your license via the internet when you want to use the Desktop system.  If you're going to be out in the field with the Laptop without an internet connection then you need to be sure to deactivate on the Desktop and activate on the Laptop before going out in the field.  The only other option that I know od is to have two licenses or purchase a hardware lock to use on both systems.

The version 10 hardware lock will not work on X5.

If you upgrade to X6, you can deactivate your license via the internet when you want to use the Desktop system.  If you're going to be out in the field with the Laptop without an internet connection then you need to be sure to deactivate on the Desktop and activate on the Laptop before going out in the field.  The only other option that I know od is to have two licenses or purchase a hardware lock to use on both systems.

Ok. Got it.I spoke to CA Tech and confirmed this. I did not know it was that easy. Good to know don't need a Hardware Lock anymore.

Thanks for your help..

Mike