Layer Display Options

country

Go to solution Solved by MarkMc,

I have my new templates all set up in X8 with the layer display options all revised for proper printing of the construction drawings. I have quite a few plans I would like to bring forward from X7. Is there a way I can bring them in to a template plan so the layers will adopt the new lines and colours? Changing these one by one will be very time consuming but if necessary I will do it.

These plans are all in various design stages and I want to finish them in X8.

I would not recommend, during Beta phase to do what you plan to do. I have completed several projects using x8 but if I were you, I would wait until the final release to spend a lot of time converting plans. I know of no necessary settings or actions than need be made. I mean if you open an existing X7 plan in X8, the things about which you are concerned should be preserved without any other action. But once a plan is saved to X8, it will not be openable in X7. You will need to set up your new "Profile.plan" in X8 for future plans.

DJP

I have also completed quite a few plans in X8. I did all of these display options in X8 and they are set up in my template plan so they are not in the X7 plans. One way or another I have to change the options in these drawings so I was just wondering if there was an easier way.