Disappearing Floor System And Room Specifications.

jon_guiffre

Go to solution Solved by jon_guiffre,

I made changes to a design by reducing the room sizings, when I did this I lost the Room Specification for the room and lost the floor system to the room. I aligned the foundation walls and 2nd floor walls to the 1st floor layout. Now I cannot regain the Room Specification for these rooms and there does not seem to be any help from the manual. Is there an easy fix that I'm just not seeing or do I have to start from new?

Steve J

CA X7

iMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1600MHz DDR3

post-3961-0-45516400-1448650510_thumb.pngPlan B.zip 

• Upvote 1

• Solution

Thanks for giving me direction. The walls were spec'd as No Room Def. When I reduced the floor plan I just moved walls, it seems CA has some weird results that don't seem to logical, but just change on their own. It makes for a confusing program. 

Thanks again!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FireflyHomes
    Newest Member
    FireflyHomes

• By SelahF
      My chosen floor keeps appearing black (it is medium walnut floor from the Chief Architect library). I tried to see if it was all of them, but it seems to just be this single flooring type. I haven't touched any of the display settings for it, so I'm at a loss. Any help? (I'm very new with Chief Architect so this might be any easy fix)

• By rmb957
      I'm trying to establish the correct elevations with respect to stem wall height, ceiling height, floor hight etc.. but as i try to configure those dimensions in the absolute settings it automatically makes changes in the relative settings that are not correct, then when i try to correct the relative settings it automatically changes what i just entered in the absolute settings, so i just keep ping ponging back and forth between absolute & relative settings where one negates or changes the setting in the other.  Is there a process that i can follow to fix this?  i think it may be related to dynamic default settings. the red checkmark next to the settings icon seems to appear at unpredictable times while editting in the room spec dialog window. Detailed version settings should be in my signature. 
      Chief Architect Premier X12
      Build 22.3.0.55x64

thanks

• By ramseyatelier
      Hi, 
      I'm relatively new to the program, I have done a few plans, but still getting used to everything.  I am working in X10 Premier software.
      I am having an issue with floor levels.  When I divide up a space with interior walls or room dividers, and want to make a adjacent room "sunken" with a negative floor elevation, the program is changing the floor of all the surrounding rooms too, not just the room that (is section off my walls or divider) I want at the lower elevation level.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have done this in prior plans, and never had this issue.  Maybe a gliche? Any info would be helpful.
      Thank you
      Stacey
    • By JbeckWY
      My client decided that instead of a full 2 story he would like to do a 1 1/2. Is there any way  I can drop the roof without having to delete all roof planes and building again? I have multiple manual roof planes and do not want to lose those. 
    • By Renerabbitt
      feel free to scale and blend with texture. enjoy!
      American Oak stock and scaled/stained, AMERICAN OAK PLANK.calibz:

knotty oak is high res. download from my cloud,https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArIPOe8v1Srkh8cxdtBNn8hF-Ja6OA :
      stock:scaled and stained: