Sign in to follow this  
jon_guiffre

Disappearing Floor System And Room Specifications.

I made changes to a design by reducing the room sizings, when I did this I lost the Room Specification for the room and lost the floor system to the room. I aligned the foundation walls and 2nd floor walls to the 1st floor layout. Now I cannot regain the Room Specification for these rooms and there does not seem to be any help from the manual. Is there an easy fix that I'm just not seeing or do I have to start from new?

Steve J

CA X7

iMac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1600MHz DDR3

post-3961-0-45516400-1448650510_thumb.pngPlan B.zip 

• Upvote 1

You probably lost a wall connection somewhere. Drag each wall corner away from and back to each corner. It can be pretty hard to find them sometimes but it's there most likely.

...or you have a couple walls spec'd as 'no room definition' - that'll pretty much do it every time.

Thanks for giving me direction. The walls were spec'd as No Room Def. When I reduced the floor plan I just moved walls, it seems CA has some weird results that don't seem to logical, but just change on their own. It makes for a confusing program. 

Thanks again!

You're welcome Jon.  Not sure what might have happened.  I don't recall the program having ever done that to me before. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By ramseyatelier
      Hi, 
      I'm relatively new to the program, I have done a few plans, but still getting used to everything.  I am working in X10 Premier software.
      I am having an issue with floor levels.  When I divide up a space with interior walls or room dividers, and want to make a adjacent room "sunken" with a negative floor elevation, the program is changing the floor of all the surrounding rooms too, not just the room that (is section off my walls or divider) I want at the lower elevation level.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have done this in prior plans, and never had this issue.  Maybe a gliche? Any info would be helpful.
      Thank you
      Stacey
    • By JbeckWY
      My client decided that instead of a full 2 story he would like to do a 1 1/2. Is there any way  I can drop the roof without having to delete all roof planes and building again? I have multiple manual roof planes and do not want to lose those. 
    • By Renerabbitt
      feel free to scale and blend with texture. enjoy!
      American Oak stock and scaled/stained, AMERICAN OAK PLANK.calibz:

knotty oak is high res. download from my cloud,https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArIPOe8v1Srkh8cxdtBNn8hF-Ja6OA :
      stock:scaled and stained:

• By IslandReno
      Hi guys. my plan has a 14' by 14' building 6' off the main house. The main house is a single story , but I want to add a second floor to the 14' by 14' building- making it a small tower of sorts. it will be an office on the first floor and a observatory/ library on the second floor. EVERY time I select just this building and add a floor, it adds a floor the the main house as well. What am I not doing?  Would appreciate any help more experienced uses can offer... 
      ParisM5.plan
    • By StudConstruction
      After adding an extension to an existing home I ran into an issue with the ceiling heights in the now open floor plan being different. I went to universally adjust them but it raises the entire problem rather than leveling them out. I'm getting the message "Ceiling values may not be changed as the floor above this room has varying heights. Has anyone encountered this? How should I go about fixing this issue? Thanks.