How can I control drawing group of dimension lines?

Nicinus

I have a semi attached garage that I don't want to show on the floor plan (and I don't want to make a symbol out of it), so I've covered it with a white box. Long story short, I need the dimension lines of the main residence to be in the same area as the garage but on top.

I've managed to partly solve the issue by first sending my white box back, and then making it default again, but it involves a lot of tinkering and easiest would be if I somehow could set my dimension lines into the front group, but there is no such option for neither dimension lines nor walls?

I have some millwork and other things going on as well as a small guest house on the property and wanted to avoid adding a ton of new layers, so I thought it could be an easy way forward to just cover it with a 'blanket'. Since material lists etc can be done by region or poly line I see no obvious disadvantages, except that I couldn't get the dimension lines to behave.

But either way, why can't we control drawing group for dimension lines? Because they belong to walls?

I for one still don't understand what the problem is.  I don't see why you can't make dimensions behave properly.  I use CAD masks like what you're describing quite often without any problems.  Dimensions always stay on top of the mask and if there are dimensions you don't want to show, just put them on their own layer.

Or...attach a screenshot and/or plan for a better answer.