RL-inc

Dimension plan footprint to main layer

I searched this forum and came up empty so I thought I would post.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the plan footprint shown in the site plan dimension to the wall main layer.

When selected, the plan footprint from the main floor highlights to the outside of the wall assembly and not he main layer- this is also where it dimensions to.

See attached screen shot.

As usual, I'm probably missing something simple but I need to show the floor plan level on certain site plans and dimension the structure to the main layer.

post-235-0-61477600-1447870536_thumb.png

You should probably attach a plan.  Hard to tell whats going on based on your screenshot, and for your particular issue it would be good to see your wall definitions. 

I don't believe there is an option to display to the main layer. There is nothing that allows this in Preferences, Defaults, or the Plan Footprint dbx.

Here is the plan file but in general the wall layers are very standard.

The screen shot I attached earlier is showing the "main layer only" layer turned on in the plot plan layerset.

Thanks for taking the time to look it over.

CURFEW 2ND IDEA.zip

Okay, I wasn't fully understanding.  I think your best bet is probably just to create the footprint and then convert to polyline and manually adjust it. 

Or...temporarily change your exterior wall definitions to remove the extra exterior layers, create the plan footprint, then change the walls back. 

It seems like we should be able to have the plan footprint select from any wall layer we want.

Similar to dimensioning.