Line with Arrow...Elbow has two arrows..seems to be a crap-shoot in layout.

zowie123

Hi all,

When I use line with arrow, or what is called text line with arrow--not leader line,  And I grab the end handle to elbow that arrow line, I invariably get an arrow at the elbow and at the end; the lines don't conjoin to create one arrow head.  This only happens in layout.  I get a red intersection point, it should conjoin...  It's being very fickle.  

I have typical wall sections with text already filled in so I don't want to use the leader line which seems to work fine but it's extra clicks. 

Am I missing something?

Thank you, 

Barry

Do you have the "Edit Object Parts" button toggled?    When you break the line and move one of the new line a new arrow will appear.

Hi Mark,

No, I had thought of that also, good guess, but it's not on.  It seem to be a issue with being too close to text or a cad line or some combo of the two.  I can make it work when I'm away from the building.  I made one work, the then copied in place and dragged it over and over, yet another work around is born.  

It's an odd issue that seems to be more prevalent when making arrows on the layout, I've rarely had this issue persist in plan view.

But yes it looks just like the jpg you've posted.  

Thanks for your consideration.

Cheers! Barry 

If the elbow falls within a text box (where the fill would be if you turned it on), then the lines don't join properly. I have reported this as a bug over a couple of versions, but it never gets fixed.

Richard...that's it!  Yes, using minimal boarder space around the text helps cut down on the issue.   It is indeed an issue that should be fixed.  

Thank you. Barry