Recessed window in a compound thick wall

Billg60

I am trying to determine how to model a window/wall configuration where two walls are used to create a thick wall appearance in the external elevation. I have been able to model it somewhat but need confirmation I am on the right path and help if filling in surface gaps.

Best place to start is with the top down sketch from my architect that shows the wall/window configuration. I have also included the 2D elevation front view and a sketch of the cross-section through the window.

I have modeled with two walls, adjusting the wall types to remove dry wall on the interior cavity between the two walls. The exterior wall has a pony wall to add the brick veneer.

I have used a door opening to cut the hole in the the exterior wall  - Is this the correct technique?

The window on the interior wall insists on reversing itself i.e. the exterior side is oriented to the interior. How can I reverse this?

The wall edge of the exterior and interior walls needs to be covered with the stucco covering - how to cover or paint this surface?

I have a plan file attached plus screen caps of the results.

Bill

Home Designer Pro 2016 Build 17.1.1x64

Win7 4MB RAM (sadly)

post-7175-0-20104300-1438810245_thumb.jpg

post-7175-0-80535000-1438810245_thumb.jpg

post-7175-0-84149100-1438810246_thumb.jpg

post-7175-0-54717400-1438810247_thumb.jpg

post-7175-0-72191000-1438810317_thumb.jpg

Recessed Window.plan

Bill,  you are headed in the right direction,  the arrow in your 3d image points to a problem.  What do you think that is?  It is the drywall on the inside of that wall.  Create a new wall type and try putting the exterior finish on both sides of the wall,  it should clean  up. 

Also, that detail often has the sill/stool being all the way to the outside edge of the wall/brick.  You may need to just use a poly-solid or something.

(added)

below is just a reference to what I mean, not the design of stool/sill I would use.

post-75-0-14765100-1438813993_thumb.png

Come on over to HomeTalk where the Home Designer products are discussed.

We deal with the limitations that the Chief Architect users never see...

You know Eric,  you chose the perfect words to get people to use the right forum.  Concise, to the point, and in an encouraging, friendly spirit.  Seems like it would be a simpler thing to do, but usually it comes across as long winded or insensitive.

Nicely done.