Constant error messages when inserting objects or applying textures

LLuckham

Thought I'd give Home Designer Architect a try, but after 10-20 hours I'm about to give up.

I understand learning curves, but expect some things to be at least a little intuitive.

To start with, I get constant error messages when trying to insert objects or apply wall covering. Sometimes the object is inserted in spite of the error message, sometimes not. In some cases there is no error message, but the intended object or material is simply not installed.

For example, I tried to create a simple bathroom, 5 X 8 with a tub, toilet, cabinet, door, sink, shower enclosure, mirror, and tile surround. Should be simple. It's taken numerous tries to the basic components in place after numerous error messages. I've never succeeded in getting a mirror inserted. And, I've never figured out how to apply tile as a wall covering over the tub only. I eventually got tile on the back wall, but, I'll be darned if I can figure out how to apply it to only that part of the sidewalls over the tub.

Back to the base issue, the errors inserting objects. I read in one of the posts that HD doesn't like working over a network. I'm not certain what they consider working over a network. I have the software installed on the desktop I'm working from, but work files at my company are kept on a server. But, just to see in that was the problem I copied the test file I was playing with to my desktop. No change. Still error prone. 

I'm running on a Win7Ultimate PC with an I7 CPU and 16GB of memory, so insufficient resources is not the problem.

Rather than belaboring, am I the only one experiencing this sort of start up problem, or is this common? 

Thanks, Very helpful.

Thank you. I was hoping to answer the question as clearly as possible. You would be surprised to know the number of people who would expect a ten page dissertation answering all the possible combination of answers for such a simple question.

You will fit in very well in this forum, thank you.

• Upvote 1

This forum is for Chief Architect Premier. There are a few on this forum who use the product you are using but not too many. The Home Talk forum will serve you better. Unless you would prefer snarky answers then this would be your Huckleberry.