"nitche in a wall" happy 4th of july! chief has done it on this great day of americans

yusuf-333

You should expect a video on this topic lately by tomorrow, in the tips and techniques forum. One way to install nitches inside walls!!

Happy 4th of July for you all my friends there in America and chieftalk.

post-2517-0-27305800-1436065795_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-95683900-1436065813_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-13568900-1436065835_thumb.jpg

Thx Yusef , looks interesting , can the niche be used in Bathrooms too?  ie no frame or casing

Yes, ofcourse it can be used. i will post the plan with the "how to vid" by the said time. Thanks Mick, the sun rised here, playing with this amazing software full of hidden hand shakes.

See you tomorrow/ my late afternoon.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cbucks
    Newest Member
    cbucks

• By SNestor
      Using X13. Have "framing default" checked for "Allow Automatic Balloon Framing"...but, as you can see in the picture below it's not working. I have auto framing walls turned on...experimented with the joist direction...didn't seem to have an effect. 

I'm on a MAC...maybe this is a reason? Does anybody know if this new feature in X13 actually works? 

Thanks!

• By banditz
      hi anyone there, anyone can help me out with these ? wall corner & line on wall, if there is anyone can help me, i would like sending the file .. please

• By Darrellx
      I'm using home designed pro 2021.

Circled in the picture below is the area unfilled between the lower and upper roof where there is no wall.  I can extend the wall inward toward the peak to close the gap, but then area below the gap is closed off.  I've experimented, googled, and watched a bunch of video tutorials on roofs.  Actually seemed like one of the tutorial videos had a similar issue, but the instructor kinda glossed over it and changed to pitch on one roof to make it look a little better before moving on.

After banging my head for a few days, hoping someone has the answer.
      (plan is also attached for the image)
      MissingGableWall.plan
    • By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls