Sign in to follow this  
elook1

Seeking Chief Architect Pro to help on Home Design

I looking for someone I can pay hourly to take our floor plan and complete an as-built drawing of our house.  Please send examples of your work and your hourly rate.  Once I have the as-built complete, then I have an office project I am building that needs drawings so that I can get building permits.  After the office project is complete then I have a large outdoor kitchen project I want to work on. 

My email is:  eric.lookofsky@gmail.com if you are interested in working on this project.

The house is located at 14535 Running Arabian Lane, Houston, TX 77044

If you live in Houston that would be ideal.  However, I can provide dimensions, sketches and pictures for the right person.

Office Project:  This project has already been started on the house, but I need to stop to get the drawings done.  The project is a build-out of about 200 sq ft in our attic.  The truss system has been modified and the floors have been started by running a new subfloor between 2 load bearing walls. Pictures are available.  This project will add a bathroom on our second floor at one end of the office as well as some storage space.  The office will have a small library and 2 built-in desk.  This project will also include the build-out of our second floor into a home theater with a wet bar.

Outdoor Kitchen:  We are going to pull our the roof line on our back porch about 25' then add in a high-end out door kitchen, with living space, fireplace, tv and plenty of seating.  The kitchen will include a large bar located around the cooking area. 

Thanks

I would be more concerned about getting an engineer to look at your "altered trusses" than I would about getting some drawings done.

I just saw this post. I'm in Houston (Spring Branch/Memorial area). I've been doing remodels now for about 10yrs. full time. We have around 7 builders that we draw plans for. I also have an Engineer that I have worked with for around 8 yrs. I would be happy to talk to you if desired. Please give me a call or email or send my your contact information. Looking at your zip code, are you in a flood plain? Concerning trusses, the truss company supplying the trusses will have their own truss Engineer that engineers the trusses. If this job is permitted with the City of Houston, then the planning dept. will want to have the truss plans done and provided by their truss company. Just helped a man a few months ago that tried to have the structural engineer design the trusses and the City of Houston rejected it. It has to be done by a truss engineer...to get a permit anyway.

Looking again, it also looks like you might be in the County, not the City of Houston. If you're in the County, no permits can be done.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign

• By Texas_Chief_Pros
      Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design

• By JeremyNeilKelly
      Design Associate for Residential Remodeling
      Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for detail-oriented Design Associate in our Seattle operations. Our projects include whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency, and more. Successful candidates with have experience drafting in Chief Architect / AutoCAD, materials research, taking job site measurements, estimating and project scheduling. Neil Kelly Design Associates are key to facilitating the design-build process, and must have the ability to draft and render with both the clients’ and builders’ perspectives in mind.

Check us out at www.neilkelly.com
      Apply at www.neilkelly.com/careers/

• By DCB123
      I am a creative Cadd designer with unique experience and perspective from my collection of work as a designer. I have 10 years experience as an engineering tech and cadd designer, working for architects and engineers.

I  use Chief Architect Premier X9 - X11(SSA member) and have used Chief Architect since Version X6, or for roughly 5-8 years. I use Team Viewer and Zoom meeting to conduct online meetings and review work together online. I am technologically versed in all types of Cadd programs, and other software that help me in my design business.

I am happy to talk with you about your design needs, or to review your plan with you online to see how we could work together. I am on the east coast of SW Florida. My rates can be discussed on a per project basis, or hourly based on the size and scope of the project.

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-Builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      Web: http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docx
      Pattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdf

• By Mrducks
      I am new to Chief and need a more experienced user to help with some designs.  We are a Design Build firm specializing in all levels of remodeling from small additions to whole house remodels.

Please reach out if you are interested in this opportunity. - Steven
      steven@atlantadb.com
    • By OldCKD
      Howdy,

I am currently working with a custom home builder on a big remodel project; I do primarily interior work - kitchens, baths etc.and will be designing the kitchen and 3 baths in this home located in the town of Barnstable on Cape Cod.
      I am fairly facile with Chief but this particular project is going to require whole house drawings with some exterior renovations, addition of dormers, etc. and will need detailed construction drawings plus plans and elevations suitable to submit for permits. Some of these renovations will impact areas I will be re-designing. 

I would attempt it to do it but it will take me far too long - I am far too slow at it and I am slammed with other projects anyways. Would love to find someone local to partner with on this project and probably lots more in the future both with him and with my own projects.

Person must be local enough to come do the complete measure + as-built and then incorporate ideas into a conceptual plan - but the builder has CA so any subsequent work can be emailed - and of course, I have it too

Time is of the essence as this home is in a gated community where remodeling is only allowed to take place from Sept-May - and clients want to be in next summer (!)

Please email me at artkitch@gmail.com if you are 1) interested and 2) fit these requirements, thank you!