elainelw

Print perspective view image, scale of 1 in to 1 ft

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2016 and want to print an image showing the siding and windows that I can glue to  foam board to create a 3D model. My structure is 20 ft long and I want to print it at a size of 20 inches. I changed the scale using File, Print, Drawing Sheet Set up to be 1" per 1' but I'm don't see that affecting the perspective view/image. I want to send this to Staples to print on a sheet that is 18" by 24" with my image to scale, a 20" wall. Is there a way to do that? Should I do File, Print, Print Image, Save as PDF? 

A pdf image is attached. I used a resolution of 1200 dpi. 

Or would File, Export, Export Picture be a better choice? 

I want to be sure that it prints out at highest quality possible and true to the dimensions (20" long)

Thanks,

Elaine

first model-Perspective Full Overview Image.pdf

Elaine,

I am not sure what HD Pro's capabilities are, but a Perspective View would never be "to scale".  You can only print Plans, Elevations, Sections and Details "to scale".  If you want the "Materials" as in your pic, just change an Elevation View to "Standard Render" and send to Layout at the Scale you want.

btw, a model built at 1" = 1' is going to be pretty big.

I have only tried it once , but Pro does have a "Print to Model" option for making scale models on paper....

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00149/

also

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00116/181/Home-Designer/Printing/Printing-a-Plan-at-a-Specific-Scale.html

The main Home Designer forum is here too:

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By PPRGLLC
      I usually print layouts on 24"x 36" paper so that is what my layout template is set up to do. A client wants to print on 11"x 17". When I change the size of the drawing sheet, it changes the paper size without adjusting the title boxes, notes, etc. Is there a way to resize the entire layout without creating a new layout template for 11" x 17" paper? 
    • By Robertto
      Has the Print Model function been removed from X11? I can't find it under the normal menu, File>Print>Print Model. 
    • By SNestor
      I'm working on a remodel of a house that is very small....and old. It is only about 1,000 SF.  My default text is Chief Blueprint @ 6".  This size font on such a small footprint seems way too large...but, I'm worried if I change it to 4"...and print the plan at 1/4" will the font be too small to read?  

Maybe I should use a different font altogether?  

Thanks...
    • By HeartwoodRes
      Hey ChiefTalk,

I'm getting an error message when attempting a layout print preview, instructing me to update the drivers on my printer. However, after verifying that all drivers are up to date, the "DPI = 0" error message still persists. Has anyone received this error message before? If not, is there another workaround I can employ here to get this printed? No matter what parameters I change on the Print Preview page or Drawing Sheet Setup page, the message persists.

p.s. Our T520 is in proper working condition and prints full ARCH D size plans from our main computer, but this is the first attempt to use it from this computer.

Thanks for your time everyone.

• By PapaBruce
      Is there a way to enlarge the printout of a floorplan?