DRAWZILLA

Rafter Tails Different Thickness Or Width Than Regular Rafters Video

nice  and fairly simple too ...

did you put the blocking in or is it auto generated?

Auto generated, but some adjustment is needed b/c the blocking never goes to the end automatically

I just did a bit of experimenting with this and I found I could superimpose 2 Roof Planes so that the one that is for the eaves can extend back up into the house.  Then that Roof Plan can be selected and the framing can be built with different member sizes and spacing.  It eliminates the need to extend all the eave rafters individually.  All you need to add is the blocking.

Nice Joe., although I could you the extend tool to do all of them.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By Designer100
      I would appreciate any help on roof rafters not showing. seems they are below fascia. this is a remodeling

Newell Cheatheam
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      chief x 11
      windows 10 

Nguyen_new_plan.zip
    • By SNestor
      If you have exposed rafters...is there anyway to get the gable fascia to extend "plumb"...or does it always "trim" to meet the "fascia"?  See attached picture....

I know if I change the gable fascia to something like 1.5" tall it will work...sort of.  What I'd like is to not have a sub-fascia and get the "fascia" trim to extend plumb like the rafters are.

• By tim722
      Please refer to attached images.
      I'm pondering how to do something along these lines in CA using X8.

Assuming the following. Beam pockets in walls for the larger beams. layers for roof
      over interior structure include usual OSB with paper and corr. metal, and ceiling to int. roof with gyp board.
      I've tried different techniques and can't quite get there.

Do you do deck/porch room and create a custom roof structure? Manually place beams and create
      an "elevated deck" for the porch covering? I'm sure there are some advanced techniques I'm not
      aware of to accomplish this.

Can someone take a look and suggest a workable solution?

Thanks!

• By Heritage
      Hi there, I'm mostly teaching myself how to use the program, but hit a snag now and then. This time, it's trying to incorporate some special details in roof planes. Windows that break the baseline of the roof structure, with what I've heard called "eyebrows" above them, and rafter tails that necessitate multiple pitches on a single roof plane. Attaching pics. I am quite stumped by this. Obviously I don't understand roof - work in CA yet, because the process seems kind of clunky and unintuitive. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!