Not Getting Fill Color On Home Made Symbol

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Making a bunch of desktop symbols (for schedule reasons- counters won't do what I need)

Trying to use a transparent fill- some show the fill, some don't?

All were made from the same original piece which had molding on 4 sides. I just copied into a separate plan, edited and converted to symbol.

Each is set as furnishings interior- type desk.

I have some I made the other day that look just like the test -molding on one edge only. Just a different size, and those work fine??

Any ideas?

pic and plan attached. TIA

post-85-0-02721800-1430677271_thumb.png

Desk tops.zip

• Solution

You need to open the symbol using the "Open Symbol" dialog, go to the 2D Block tab where you can then control the fill of the block. Push comes to shove you can use the "Insert block" command found under "CAD Block Management", explode and redraw or edit the block and then replace the existing 2D block with your edited one.

DJP

PS: your file that you offered for download is zero KB and as such is unusable

• Upvote 1

Re sent the zip file. No doubt you can see from the pic of the open DBX- I'd tried the 2D Block tab..a few times.

Creating a new block worked thanks.

When I inserted the block into the plan it is not a closed pline but just lines- I assume that is why it won't take a fill. I just don't understand how it got that way on some and not on others. I know that the ones I started with all were closed.??