Multiple Schedules Of Same Type

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Have a situation where I need multiple cabinet schedules- that is:

• one that lists all cabinets on both floors, for ordering as there are many identical items
  • another by floor, (I could get away without this one if I could get...)
  • and yet another that per room (needed for staging, installers...)

If I do this I get multiple schedule numbers for each item on the plan.

Tried hiding the first set of schedules on a separate layer- no luck still get the numbers.

Then thought maybe I could get the labels onto a different layer. I've been unable to do that.

Is there a way aside from multiple plans? I'd prefer it were live since there are so many in this job so exporting the schedule then redoing is not ideal- think I'd be better off with multiple plans?

Anybody ever deal with something like this?

Joe, 

If you're referring to the DELETE OBJECTS under EDIT I tried that and still get four (4) Labels for Doors and now Cabinets. I do have another plan linked to layouts but there are no schedules there either. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Joe, 

If you're referring to the DELETE OBJECTS under EDIT I tried that and still get four (4) Labels for Doors and now Cabinets. I do have another plan linked to layouts but there are no schedules there either. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

You must be missing something.  The only answer is to Post the Plan

Found it! Sort of. I had a CAD Detail window where I stored custom text for plans. I saved the good plan to a new file first, of course. I could not see the schedule anywhere in this window but when I deleted the detail window from CAD Detail Management it cured the issue. No idea how this happened but may DSH will have a clue.  :wacko:

You probably did not have all layers turned on in that CAD Detail Window.  Each Window has it's own Active Layer Set.  Schedules are usually created on the "Schedules" Layer but they can be modified and placed on any Layer you choose - including Custom Layers.   If the active Layer Set for any Window doesn't have the Schedule Layer displayed then you wouldn't see it.