Jerafter Posted September 11 Share Posted September 11 What would be the best way to tackle this project? I want to keep the front of both buildings facing the bottom of my screen and at 90° angles. If I draw the house and garage as separate plans, is there a way to combine afterward to reference the separate garage plan in the specific location and angle on the image? I want to show what the perspective view would be for the client, but I don't like drawing the detached garage at this off-angle. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 i would do one of two way. create garage on separate plan, convert it to symbol then place on house plan or 2 draw the garage and when done, select all areas and the rotate..but its is a bit if a paint to get exact location. you could also do a reference display, but given it is only a garage I would probably do 1 or 2 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JiAngelo Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 (edited) Third way is to reference the garage plan in the house plan. You can drag and rotate the reference plan to get it where you want it located, then set the z-axis so the garage doors are at ground level. Drawing the drive pad location in the house plan helps with alignment. Edited September 12 by JiAngelo Spelling 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DIMENSION Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 I would create both plans either on the same plan file or on two separate files and then bring it over to a Layout and import either both plans or the same version of one plan just with the garage close-up and the main house close-up onto one layout page that has worked for me in the past, and hopefully it will work for you Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CharlesVolz Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 23 hours ago, SHCanada2 said: create garage on separate plan, convert it to symbol then place on house plan That is how I do it. I always use separate plans, and sometimes I create a symbol. Using separate plans allows you to reference the garage in the house plan in 2D and 3D, without the symbol being created. This you to easily alter the angle and elevation of the garage, again and again... Or, you can use the separate garage plan to create a garage symbol and place it in the house plan. This also allows you to easily alter the angle and elevation of the garage, again and again... Best, Charles Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now