Cabinets - Manufacturer Library & Glass Doors

Keith_A

Just moved up to Premier from Home Designer Pro. I am playing around with the Manufacturer Libraries for cabinets and have two questions that I can't seem to figure out. 

1. I thought there was a library of Kemper Cabinets, did it go away, does anyone have a copy of it? 

2. When I use a Manufacturer cabinet door, how do I get that door to show Glass/Mullion options versus just the standard options? Is this possible? 

Thanks ahead of time, I have enjoyed both products and look forward to learning all the great little features in CA

Not sure about the Kemper line. Check the catalog downloads. Some of these require SSA to access.

For glass it depends upon how the door model was created. Some area single piece, like a 1pc mdf door. Other models are 2 piece, stiles/rails & a panel.

The core catalog for doors have several glass types including divided. For manufacture catalogs open the cabinets dbx, select materials and look for the door/drawer. If it's available there will be a panel listed. Select and change to glass.

Graham

I usually use the material eyedropper set to component mode. Float a glass door from the main library to get the glass. Some door symbols will work, some will instead change the entire door.

I've begun to replace all doors with my own so I can control grain and panels. Posted a "kit" or two over in symbols a while ago. The kit isn't perfect but works.

• Upvote 1

Do similar things. If everything has to be exact, say for divided glass I will build a mullion grid and then float it up to the glass. Fortunately one of the main catalog versions is usually close enough for visualization purposes. Door styles along with other cabinetry specs are always specified in a separate schedule and our cabinetry supply & installation agreement. If need be the door manufactures door data sheet with their line art are included. Renderings are always identified as "for visualization purposes only" which is also addressed under our terms & conditions.

Graham

Keith - If cabinetry design is your area of interest then I know you will find Chief to be a really great tool. The approach is obviously different than say 2020 which is primarily designed around using manufacturer catalogs, just pick and drop. I have used this program extensively in the past but now use Chief exclusively. I can build a cabinet faster than the time it takes endlessly searching catalog drop down lists. For some unknown personal reason picking a cabinet from a catalog just seems to contradict the term "Custom". Also, Chief allows me to really get in there and detail not just the cabinet configuration but also every other element in the room. Clients want us to design the entire room not just provide a cabinet layout. If that's all they need then Home Depot is their best bet, not really interested in this.

Graham

• Upvote 1