Anyone Use A Wacom Tablet With Chief?

HumbleChief

I use a Wacom Intuos5 .  I have both the pen and the mouse for the tablet.  I find the pen to be more accurate.  It takes awhile to get used to it.  I rarely use the mouse.  Keep your driver updated.  If your computer does something weird, it's probably the Wacom driver.

Larry, I have an Intuos2 that I am about to (re)install. I had used it years ago with Chief and really liked it; accurate and much easier on the hand and arm than a mouse.

Greg, interesting you should mention the driver situation. I noticed more than a few complaints about it online and even emailed Wacom. They said it should be OK as long as the old driver is completely uninstalled. We'll see.

I absolutely love my Wacom Intous Pen! While it does take some getting used to, it is much faster and easier on the hand as it is a more natural position than a mouse. 

I have mine set to only use the Upper Left Corner of the tablet. Find how to do this in the Mapping Setting in the Wacom software. I do this because I can cover much greater ground with shorter strokes by making my pad only a little bigger than a business card.

I have the back rocker set to TAB, front rocker set to be a right click, I erase with the top of the pen just like using a pencil. To click I just tap the pad, and to double click I tap twice.

While my pen is an Intous 5, I was very happy with the Intous 2 until Win 7. I wasn't able to get my CA X6 to work as well as I had wished with the Intous 5, but am finding that X7 and current drivers on Win 8.1 Pro are playing together just fine.

Hope that this encourages you to hang with it to get past the awkward learning curve.

I tried this for awhile and couldn't figure out what to do with the pen while typing text. Keep it clenched in my hand and type with just the other fingers? Put the pen in my mouth while I type? Use the little pen holder? What do you guys do?

I put it in the pen holder.

I have mine mapped to cover dual 23" monitors.  It's easier to move a pen to the second monitor than a mouse.  In general I think it's easier to use once you get used to it.

Richard, if it is just a couple of letters or digits, it stays in my hand; any serious typing then it goes in the pen holder. Really not a problem once you get use to it.

Cheryl, you mentioned that were very happy with the Intuos2 until Win 7. Can you tell me a little more about what was going on to make you unhappy? I used my Intuos2 on an XP machine with no problems, but now I want to install it on a Windows 7 machine and I see some people complaining about the driver. Any feed back you can provide will be appreciated.