Wall Display

darryllsherman

Go to solution Solved by darryllsherman,

I have used the wall types section of the Wall Specification dialogue box to add a 36" brick wainscot to the exterior walls at the front of my house.  The little image shows it displaying correctly, but every external view shows it with siding still.  It's "bumped out" with the thickness of the material, but appears to have siding on it.  Anybody able to help me figure this out?  I'm new to CA so I'm still learning, but this one has me stumped.

Thanks!

post-4871-0-86952600-1428776184_thumb.jpg

post-4871-0-04870300-1428776193_thumb.jpg

Double Click on the wall, open the "materials" tab in the DBX, select "Exterior Lower Wall Surface" then click select material. Click plan materials, then click "Use Default" at the top of the list. That should make the wall's materials default back to normal.

I never use the material sprayer to apply siding, I either set the default style of siding I want or do what I just explained above and click Library Materials and instead of Plan Materials, and just navigate to what I want. Good Luck!

• Solution

You guys are AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much!

II tried to figure out how to attach a pic of the fix, but I couldn't see where to do so in a response :unsure:

I am sure that I will have more questions, so I expect to talk to you again soon.

Thanks, again!!!

Darryll