Residential Construction In Alaska

George

Typical construction guide lines, doing house for my daughter moving to Alaska, most of my work in South (Tennessee and Southern States).  When you read the internet, no one is very specific except code which we all know.  Walls should be different for the moisture and temperature differential there.  Any help is appreciated, by the way, they are buying the lot today, so I am behind.

Thanks

George

You will have to deal with permafrost issues.  That's why some states have their own codes for special conditions.  Alaska for permafrost, California for earthquakes, Florida for hurricanes and North Carolina because they are stupid and just want to be different.  I forgot about mudslides.  Only in California is mud a natural disaster.  In the south we put big tires on the truck and go play in it.  (Sorry, couldn't resist) :lol:

"North Carolina because they are stupid and just want to be different.  I forgot about mudslides.  Only in California is mud a natural disaster.  In the south we put big tires on the truck and go play in it.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)"

LOL!  Good way to start a Saturday morning.  ;o)