More Structure Dialog Box Fun

HumbleChief

I think it would be a good idea to post the plan.

Joe has a good strategy in working from the top down. When I have a problem similar to what you're experiencing, I will pull the ends of exterior walls back from the exterior to lose room definitions, as a way to isolate the problem.

Thanks for the advice Bill.

I got it figured out and truly mean it when I say I do not know what I did. Just thrashed through each and every room with each and every structure tab till it worked. Even though I set the defaults for the second floor as wood framed joists I ended up with monolithic slab floors and the defaults were all over the place. I think I just started clicking defaults for everything in every room until I beat it into submission.

User error? Probably but this one just went wonky at a certain stage and was hard to retrieve.

Again thanks for the reply and advice.

Larry:

I will use X Sections to troubleshoot things like that.  Sometimes even a 3D full overview is good to look at things on the foundation level ... from the bottom side.  I also use the Match Properties > Apply Properties often to get things like that sorted out.  I think we've all had the experience you are having with the structure tab and getting floor and ceiling elevations where we want them.  Most of the time it is something I didn't do right that is the cause of my grief ... sometimes I think it is gremlins at work.