Extending Roof Over Deck with Ceiling Above - X16

DHerb2014

I'm working on a remodel of a straightforward project. Simple gable roof with an intersecting gable. I've watched several videos trying to learn how to extend the roof over a wood deck, and didn't find anything. That said, please see attached PDF photo of the existing house showing dimensions , 3D Chief renders, and the plan file. I've tried spanning the entire roof and then bringing the wall back, but the siding doesn't continue like the photo shows. Also tried an invisible wall with ceiling above, and that didn't work either.

Wanted to reach out to the experts in this group to see how to solve this one. I'm baffled.

2.jpg

1.jpg

XYZ FLOOR PLAN X16.plan XYZ RESIDENCE.pdf

Thanks for the replies, but it needs to match the photo, with a 5'-6" flat soffit (ceiling). The siding continues horizontally above the cutaway. What's really tricky are the eaves that match each other with this overhang.

did you get it to work with all auto roofs?

..I always like a game of spot the differences :). your heel height looks too high or main floor ceiling looks too high as the distance from top of window to peak looks larger. ...can also see it for the space above the windows on the left

Correct. I didn't measure the existing house, and just took a couple of photos. Had to rely on scaling with Bluebeam. This was done more to show the homeowner what her "curb appeal" could look like for an AirBnB like she wants to start. She loves it!