Default settings question

CDH7777

I think I am doing something wrong. When I start a new project, I have to set up the default settings the way I want them. i.e. walls, dimensions styles etc. I am expecting them to STAY that way for every new project I start but it never does. I have to spend 15 minutes going through default settings and re-edit them all over. Surely there is a way to set all this up one time and never have to address it again when I open CA to start a new project.  How?

35 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You are doing it the hard way.  You need to create your own custom template and then use it instead of the one that ships with the program.

See if this helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00463/creating-and-using-a-plan-template.html

Okay so I did that, and it worked thank you! One more thing I am seeing which is different from my office computer. When I click a tool bar like walls or windows, it opens a small dialoge box to choose what type of wall or window. Which is fine but its not a drop down menu like Im used to. I have to "x" out of the box to make it get off my screen. My office setup is just a drop-down menu...I choose my wall type (or whatever menu I'm in the mood for it does this on every menu on my tool bar) anf the drop -down menu disappears on its own. How to I fix this issue because it is annoying me? I'm trying to set X16 up on a new laptop here.