2ND FLOOR NOT EXPORTING 3D MODEL

lhwalker

WHEN EXPORTING A 3D MODEL - FOR SOME RESON IT STOPPED EXPORTING THE SECOND FLOOR

WAS WORKING FINE LAST WEEK, HAD SOME REVISION DONE TO THE SECOND FLOOR THIS WEEK BY AN EMPLOYEE NOW IT WONT EXPORT SECOND FLOOR

IT GENERATES MODEL FINE WITHIN CHIEF, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Are you in a floor or full overview?   Do you have any other camera views open?  As far as I know, it will always export whatever you see on the screen.  So if it looks good on the screen, it should match.

I'm in a normal full 3d overview which is where I normally export from. I just wndered if there was an export setting somewhere that made sure all layers were being exported, it's weird because its just not exporting the second floor, if move the entire roof to first floor it will export the roof, if i move roof to second floor not only will it not export the second floor but no roof either

I really can't think of anything else to try because I am pretty sure that it always exports the same thing you see on the screen.  You could try posting your plan and then maybe someone else can try exporting to see if they get the same problem. 

I usually do a 3ds but on this plan it has never worked correctly, I have used the 3d dwg model export and it has worked fine up until this week.

I'm going to try and copy the plan into a clean chief file and try it again to see if the file is corrupt