How to create "net lights" - technique or symbol?

I know Chief has rope lights now, but is there anything like the encircled "net lighting"?  I didn't seem to find anything in the library, but maybe there is another term. Or any suggestion on recreating this?  I thought about multiple rope lights, but they seem too linear and this is more dispersed.  I'm also thinking of getting a similar image and pasting the material on the wood to get a suggestion of it without dealing with a ton of lights.  This is for an event venue.

2024 08 09 Net Lights.JPG

I just did this really quick one for proof of concept using a Polyline Distribution Region and a Flush-Mount Light.

I will leave it to you to twig it with the appropriate light, spacing, sizes, etc.

It only took a minute or do to nock this one up.

If you really don't want lights, use a 3D object like a sphere or cylinder, etc., with an emissive material instead of the lights.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 10.16.29 am.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, glennw said:

If you really don't want lights, use a 3D object like a sphere or cylinder, etc., with an emissive material instead of the lights.

Probably how I'd do it, to make one of the Fiber Optics Light Panels ..... so you have the "suggestion" without the need to deal with Light Data and shadows etc.

M.