Pony wall issue

stevenyhof

Go to solution Solved by tundra_dweller,

@stevenyhofHi Steve, this one really had me stumped but I think I figured it out. I opened up your wall type and changed the upper brick wall to a 4" concrete wall with a 2" brick exterior layer and a 2" brick interior layer. I then changed the wall to a "partition" so the brick material would show up on the exposed end.

You'll notice when you move your brick from the main layer to one of the outer layers it takes on a 12" extension in the wall definition dbx. I set the extension to 0" and it seemed to do the trick. I think just having an all brick wall on one main layer was maybe the underlying problem. Maybe the brick layer was taking on a 12" extension from a previous wall type or it may have something to do the with the brick ledge depth being set to 12" and the wall only having one layer.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

I don’t believe you solved the issue. 

I think it has more to do with the materials not being set to default. 

Not sure about that. As soon as you change the upper pony wall type to any other wall type then the material stops extending down 12" into the foundation wall.

17 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

Not sure about that. As soon as you change the upper pony wall type to any other wall type then the material stops extending down 12" into the foundation wall.

Maybe you have another setting I am missing. Once again, the exterior is fine and looking and working as expected, but the middle and interior want to go down.

2024-08-04-4.thumb.jpg.44976d512c2d3516ae8d7c6ce38b9afb.jpg

image.thumb.png.67f6a0b42ef01e1b7f9437076a411263.png

13 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

Maybe you have another setting I am missing. Once again, the exterior is fine and looking and working as expected, but the middle and interior want to go down.

My settings look the same as what you have now. I'll upload the edited plan for you to take a look in a minute.

2024-08-04_15-53-42.thumb.png.2cb7a40937b91208a189cb89f3f5931d.png

2024-08-04_15-55-50.thumb.png.172663f9011c30f220023e97669653b4.png

2024-08-04_15-56-44.thumb.png.a39aebaeb3716e68309d5255a4a97fb4.png

• Solution
30 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSdT7TbF8WNuloPLfuzspNhmGRjxlV9h/view?usp=sharing

I think it has to do with however that original wall was created or copied being the problem. I created a new wall from scratch, 1 layer of brick 8" thick and it works fine. Something about that original wall was causing a 12" offset down, you can see the 4" concrete core doing the same thing in those last pics I posted. The wall in the edited plan attached doesn't do that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSdT7TbF8WNuloPLfuzspNhmGRjxlV9h/view?usp=sharing

I think it has to do with however that original wall was created or copied being the problem. I created a new wall from scratch, 1 layer of brick 8" thick and it works fine. Something about that original wall was causing a 12" offset down, you can see the 4" concrete core doing the same thing in those last pics I posted. The wall in the edited plan attached doesn't do that.

I will download and check it out. I did a lot of messing with that wall, so making it over sounds like it will solve it.

Thank you again!

I followed your lead and just made a new wall, starting with the foundation wall first, and then added the 8" brick wall, then turned it into a railing wall. That might be the fix. The first time I made the wall, I made an 8" brick wall, turned it into a railing wall, then added the foundation wall as a pony. I did download your drawing and it all looks right.

• Upvote 1