Firefox won't play the tutorial videos

Hi,

Firefox won't play the tutorial videos directly from CA's site. But the same video on Youtube plays well. Ex: "Preparing a plan for the 3D Viewer"

Has anyone already had this problem?

I am also looking to fix that with the Mozilla forum, but didn't find the solution yet. I have already cleared the cache, even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, and deleted all the extensions.

So if possible, any suggestion from here will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

C A bloquage 1.jpg

56 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Firefox won't play the tutorial videos directly from CA's site.

Danielle,

Just tested it.  Works fine for me.  Do you have the latest version of Firefox?

image.thumb.png.9c5bd5c6ad138f49d3fb77dc9bf59f67.png

Jim

21 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Danielle,

Just tested it.  Works fine for me.  Do you have the latest version of Firefox?

image.thumb.png.9c5bd5c6ad138f49d3fb77dc9bf59f67.png

Jim

Jim,

Yes, I have the latest version, 128.0.3

I also tested the videos with Firefox for Android and Chrome and it works fine. This is really strange.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my computer (Windows 11, Firefox 128.0.3). Does anything show up in the browser console when you try to play the video? (Press Ctrl+Shift+I, then switch to the "Console" tab of the pane that opens.)

10 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my computer (Windows 11, Firefox 128.0.3). Does anything show up in the browser console when you try to play the video? (Press Ctrl+Shift+I, then switch to the "Console" tab of the pane that opens.)

Yes, there is something! But it's in French. I can translate for you`:

-"La mise en page a été forcée avant le chargement complet de la page. Si les feuilles de style ne sont pas encore chargées, cela peut provoquer un flash de contenu non stylisé."

-"The layout was forced before the page fully loaded. If the style sheets are not loaded yet, it can cause a flash of unstylized content."

-"Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite »"

-"Some cookies incorrectly use the recommended attribute "SameSite"

-"InstallTrigger est obsolète et sera supprimé prochainement."

-"InstallTrigger is deprecated and will be removed soon

And when I unfold the second point, thI get this:

-"Le cookie « _ga » n’a pas de valeur d’attribut « SameSite » appropriée. Bientôt, les cookies dont l’attribut « SameSite » est manquant ou défini avec une valeur invalide seront traités comme « Lax ». Cela signifie que le cookie ne sera plus envoyé dans des contextes tiers. Si votre application dépend de la disponibilité de ce cookie dans de tels contextes, veuillez lui ajouter l’attribut « SameSite=None ». Pour en savoir plus sur l’attribut « SameSite », consultez https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite"

-"The cookie '_ga' does not have an appropriate 'SameSite' attribute value. Soon, cookies with the "SameSite" attribute missing or set with an invalid value will be treated as "Lax". This means that the cookie will no longer be sent to third-party contexts. If your application depends on the availability of this cookie in such contexts, please add the "SameSite=None" attribute to it. To learn more about the "SameSite" attribute, see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite"

I hope this will help!

Thank you!

10 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

29307084_CAvideoconsole.thumb.jpg.419927449445091e8719ce822c0969b9.jpg

This is the sprint screen of the console

Hmm. Those all look unrelated to the video issue. I think that the last one in particular is extension-related, and the first one shows up on my browser as well (which does play the video). I'd be curious if the video is actually loading. In the Network tab of the Inspector, there should be at least a couple of requests to load the video. On my browser, there's one aborted request followed by an incomplete one. The incomplete state makes sense since the browser is trying to stream the video and hasn't reached the end yet. Do you see the same thing in yours?

inspector.thumb.png.ccdfae4ded1a7512333f807c37fca7a2.png

On 7/31/2024 at 1:59 PM, BenMerritt said:

Hmm. Those all look unrelated to the video issue. I think that the last one in particular is extension-related, and the first one shows up on my browser as well (which does play the video). I'd be curious if the video is actually loading. In the Network tab of the Inspector, there should be at least a couple of requests to load the video. On my browser, there's one aborted request followed by an incomplete one. The incomplete state makes sense since the browser is trying to stream the video and hasn't reached the end yet. Do you see the same thing in yours?

inspector.thumb.png.ccdfae4ded1a7512333f807c37fca7a2.png

Hi Ben, I am sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

When I go to the network tab, I get the first row indicating a blocked request. Then a series of repeating  requests that never seems to end. The video seems to start loading ans then stops for an unknown reason. In 10 minutes, I got something like 1700 requests.

Thanks again for the help :)

Inspertor-network.jpg

21 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

It looks like your browser is trying to load a lower-resolution version of the video than most browsers will use, which is definitely odd. Does the video play if you open it directly from this link?

just confirming Link works here in Edge and Firefox....

M.

16 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Kbird the link works well with Edge and Firefox, but not with Firefox.

Thanks for the help! :)

That's a bit confusing....  it works well with FF but doesn't ?  :) 

M.

On 8/10/2024 at 6:28 PM, DanielleDubuc said:

Kbird the link works well with Edge and Chrome, but not with Firefox.

If Firefox is unable to play the video from the direct link, that seems to suggest some kind of video codec issue. Do you have any video codec plugins installed? Here's what Firefox has installed by default on my machine:

37612318_firefoxplugin.thumb.png.f184e79896e644a9513cc458321d6509.png

On 8/10/2024 at 9:45 PM, Kbird1 said:

That's a bit confusing....  it works well with FF but doesn't ?  :) 

M.

Sorry for the confusion. I mean it works well with Chrome and Edge, but not with Firefox.  :unsure:

Very strange. Debugging this one further would probably get farther into Firefox's internals than I'm set up for. Something's obviously different with how it's trying to read and play the video, but it's difficult to say what the difference is without actually reading Firefox's source code.

As a last-ditch effort, you might try the following:

1. Open the Browser Console (Ctrl+Shift+J). This contains log messages generated by the browser itself rather than the current Web page.
  2. Switch the Browser Console to Multiprocess mode.
  3. Clear the console so you've got a clean start to the message history.
  4. Open the direct link to the video.
  5. See if there's anything obvious in the console window.

browser-console.thumb.png.224e48fdbd0eb0ed6d156d9096afded6.png

Hello Ben,

I set Multiprocess and cleared the Browser Console as you suggested. Here is what I got after a few minutes on the video page after that. I am not used with the browser console so I don't understand what all that means. 

You are surely better than me in understanding all that. :)

I will show this print screen to the Firefox support, but until now, you have been more helpful than them. ;)

Thank you :)

Multiprocessus.jpg

I'm not seeing any obvious leads in there, unfortunately, except for the possibility of generic network errors. Sorting it out would probably a very deep dive into Firefox's internals — to the point of making a custom build of Firefox and attaching a debugger, which I'm not set up to do. Given that you're able to load the videos in other browsers, it's probably not an issue with your Internet connection.

My troubleshooting toolbox is pretty empty at this point, but I'll keep an eye out in case I stumble across anything that would shed further light on the situation.

9 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

I'm not seeing any obvious leads in there, unfortunately, except for the possibility of generic network errors. Sorting it out would probably a very deep dive into Firefox's internals — to the point of making a custom build of Firefox and attaching a debugger, which I'm not set up to do. Given that you're able to load the videos in other browsers, it's probably not an issue with your Internet connection.

My troubleshooting toolbox is pretty empty at this point, but I'll keep an eye out in case I stumble across anything that would shed further light on the situation.

Thank you very much for your time Ben. Like you said, I can still watch the videos with an other browser or on Youtube. :)