sloped facia video?

DianeP

I have seen some posts where the solution is discussed.  It involves the use of shadow boards. Has anyone seen or made a video that would show me how this is accomplished?

Sloped how?  Your fascia will be sloped on a gable end and you can also set your eaves to be "square cut" instead of "plumb cut" but I am guessing that you want something else.  Maybe post a picture of what you are trying to do?

image.thumb.png.9315ad6cd522f8632737f77088b7b5ef.png

• Upvote 1

I'm totally guessing here, but if you are trying to put an angle on your fascia (for example a gable end not having plumb and square cut fascia) I would think you could create a molding profile that is triangle shaped, and sized according to your fascia size and how much of an angle you want on it, then apply that molding profile as a shadow board to whatever roof edges you want it on. I have never done or tried this, but I think it would work, with some trial and error.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 10:23 AM, DBCooper said:

Sloped how?  Your fascia will be sloped on a gable end and you can also set your eaves to be "square cut" instead of "plumb cut" but I am guessing that you want something else.  Maybe post a picture of what you are trying to do?

image.thumb.png.9315ad6cd522f8632737f77088b7b5ef.png

Sorry for the delay in response.  I think this is what the client is wanting.  I will do it this way to show him.  I had forgotten this option.  Thanks!

On 7/21/2024 at 1:23 PM, tundra_dweller said:

I had to check and make sure this works and it does. I used a frieze molding from the core catalog.

2024-07-21_13-17-46.thumb.png.054e05f923c626c051beebe7bdc8188b.png

2024-07-21_13-18-30.thumb.png.dfdbc62da3af74473184624c3eb3060f.png

Thanks Brett, This is more like what I was seeing in the discussions I  mentioned.  I may have to use something like this if the client isn't happy with the square cut mentioned earlier doesn't work for the client.