Multiple layers on the Floor Truss Top Chord?

Astrigal

Go to solution Solved by GeneDavis,

2 hours ago, Astrigal said:

floor trusses show a multiple top chord layers

I had the same thing happen to me about two weeks ago.  While your in perspective framing overview camera, you should be able to pick the top of each chord and delete it.

I'm not sure of the setting that plc it there, but that's how I got rid of it.  

Screenshot 2024-06-16 163041.png

• Solution

Click-select any room, or click all that have the same spec for floor sheathing and floor finish.  The structure tab in the room spec dialog that opens has what you want.

At the bottom of the panel, floor structure, click edit to open the spec dialog.  Chief out of the box will show two lines, sheathing atop framing, and each line can be selected to activate a structure type (or not).  Note the choices.  Framing.  Detail as insulation.  Air gap.  Or don't check one.

The top line, typically subfloor at 3/4" plywood or OSB, gets a no select (no one of the three are checked).

The second line, typically framing like sawn lumber, i-joists, open web trusses, whatever, that line is going to be checked as framing, and the floor when framed will be autoframed with that material at the spacing specified elsewhere.

Up-page, same panel, there is another box you can edit where floor finish is specified.  Again, you can oreo-cookie up some layers, like for example, engineered t&g wood over a thin foam layer.  Again, you can specify any layer as framing, and you must have done this, as you must have done for the sheathing in the floor structure dialog.

Please consider spending maybe 40 hours to watch many of the training videos on Chief's website.  You seem to be playing monte carlo Chief right now.

Just one of those setting that fell in between the crack I guess.  I had the "sub flooring" set as framing-truss.  Unchecked and it works perfectly.  I saved a test model, to do this.  Noted for the future.. 

The house I did has way to much deck to possibly mess with a structural rebuild, that's why I did a test model..  Except for the main deck, all others were hand detailed.  1800 sq deck for a 520 sq house.  

Screenshot 2024-06-16 163648.png

Untitled 1.jpg

@GeneDavis Thank you.  I had not realized that the framing check box was independent for each material.

I take your point well on watching videos, and have have a whole list of them favorited.  Hopefully they will all mesh together as time goes by.