is it possible to apply another template to an existing layout?

leyi123

Hi all,

I have already put together a layout file with several pages, but now I found another layout template that I would like to use (which contains some notes areas, etc). Can I easily apply the new template to my existing layout so that I can get those note areas/nicer formats without having to recreate all the pages again from the empty template?

thanks!

-Leyi

I think all answers depend on what you deem "easily".

BUT! Assuming they're both the same size sheet, we can assume that the origins of the sheets should be the same. I'd hope.

If that's the case, you can Copy and Paste/Hold Position anything between these two layouts and they'll be in the same spot on both files.

Depending on the differences in the layouts, you may consider copying the new Layout page 0 data to your file, or copying your layout's Layout Boxes etc to this new template.

• Upvote 1

ok, so essentially I copy paste/hold whatever I want over for each page... that would work, if there is no "apply another layout template" functionality that I can just use with one click? :)

26 minutes ago, leyi123 said:

ok, so essentially I copy paste/hold whatever I want over for each page... that would work, if there is no "apply another layout template" functionality that I can just use with one click? :)

its for this reason that we dont typically encourage the use of notes in layout as its far simpler to update a linked view from other plan or layout templates instead of having "dumb" notes in layout. If instead you had your notes in a cad detail from plan, all you would need to do is relink layout to an updated plan file

• Like 1