How to measure wall height at a given point (pitched roof)

pineapplenope

I'm a homeowner playing around with ideas for an attic conversion and have just started using this software so forgive me for this basic question. I was able to build my second story with the current gable roof, but now I am trying to work on layouts. The wall heights change all over the place due to the roof pitch of both rooflines (T shaped house). I can see the ceiling but don't see a way to use the measuring tool in 3d mode to measure from the floor to the ceiling at various points so I can check it is tall enough for someone to walk. Please help.

Pop open an elevation camera that is facing the wall in question and you can use the measuring tool and place dimensions and also send that view to layout.

Hope that helps and Welcome to ChiefTalk. :)

• Like 1

Not exactly what you asked for, but it may come in handy...

You can use Chief to tell you where the various ceiling heights are on the floor plan.

Build your existing plan including the roof.

Make sure auto roofs is off.

Change the ceiling height.

Chief will create a line where the flat and sloping ceilings meet.

They are called Ceiling Break Lines.

There is a setting in Roof Defaults that determines exactly where they are located.

190263326_Screenshot2024-04-14at3_52_51pm.thumb.jpg.79c7db4ff6a241cdac174309078e9d34.jpg

2015285581_Screenshot2024-04-14at3_59_52pm.thumb.jpg.a59fd0e06e421981b577c1932d799497.jpg