2nd floor issues

KevinMyers

Hi,

We are trying to show a garage that the roof that "ignores the top floor" to create a living space in the attic area. So I have this how I want it.  But how can I have the rest of the house have a normal 2nd floor that the roof starts at the top of the 2nd floor?  It keeps changing both to show the same way.  I am new to the program so I'm sure there is a way to show it, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.  I would also like to show a corridor going from the house 2nd floor to the living space in the attic area of the garage? How do I draw that?  

you have to define the area about the garage as a room, set ceiling height to 1.5 for a sill plate - build your roof - once you have every thing in order go to the room and check no ceiling

Appreciate the help. I'm still not sure how to "edit" the garage separately from the rest of the house.  I want to have living space above the first floor of the garage, but the roof starting at the top of the first floor.  On the house, I want to have the roof starting at the top of the 2nd floor.  

@KevinMyers - 

What I'd do is not create a room over the garage at first. Draw the 2nd floor plan and then build the roof. Do not use the "ignore 2nd floor" option. Now...once the roof planes are on and correct...go to the 2nd floor and create a room over the garage using interior walls. Make sure you have room definition. 

I made this video about rooms over garages...it's in X12 but it's the same in X15...maybe it'll help;