Best practice to quickly strip plan to reduce file size

GeneDavis

I post a q about an issue, someone properly says post the plan.  I check file and it's 50 Mb.  I can't go cloud 'cause I have no cloud accounts.

What's the quick way to scrub the stuff unimportant to Chief building?

My method is to select a layerset that is part of all my plans and is descriptively named "All Off Layerset."  So I turn on this blank layerset then I first turn on layers that tend to add a lot to the file size - plants, interior accessories, furniture, vehicles, images - things that usually aren't needed for posting problem plans and then delete that stuff after briefly looking it over to make sure something I might need didn't get accidentally put on a wrong layer.  And of course, this is after I'd saved the file as whatever the title was with some descriptor like "2024 03 Smith Plan for posting."  Then I check the new file size.  If I need to reduce more, I next typically consider deleting layers for terrain, fencing, exterior furniture, fancy lighting etc, depending on what I needed to show the problem. 

Thanks @Michael_Gia!  I joined WeTransfer and will use the free version for occasional uploads such my issue as re cabinet display in another thread here.

@RobDesLLC I will edit my sig line to delete Dropbox, which I do not use any longer.  Tried it long ago and never fully understood its operation.