Wall Material ! Program Or Brain Glitch ?

jessde

Go to solution Solved by jessde,

Joe, one problem I have encountered while playing around with material regions is that I cannot access (see) the regions I have saved to my User Catalog when I edit a region that is already in the plan. They are not there. They are available if I open the Library Browser directly (to place one in the plan as you have suggested, for example), but not if I go to the Library via trying to edit an existing region in the plan. Do you have the same problem?

Mick,

If you want to change to a different MR definition you need to delete the current one and just place the new one.  It would be nice if there was a "Replace From Library" tool for this ---- but currently that's not available.  OTOH, you can edit the MR definition (a different color paint for example) and then save that to the Library.

• Solution

Thanks to all who have contributed to my education on this. I finally was able to spend some time playing with all this new info and found I was able to not only fix the problem but now have a clearer understanding of how it all works..

I was able ,with all the help I received, to fix all the walls except one. After some frustrating time trying to figure this out I found that the wall, which showed in all views , did not appear when I looked at the overlay view of the 2 floors. I still have no idea what I did or how to fix it. I had the time just to redraw that floor and it came out fine.

This is my first CAD program and to date my experience with it has been drawing simple floor plan alterations and elevations. This is the first attempt at drawing a complex structure.Now after  the room has cleared of the smoke coming out my ears ,I feel more confident thanks to all the help I received.

J