Door and Window Type in Schedules

DHerb2014

Go to solution Solved by DHerb2014,

I have, hopefully, a quick question regarding how to determine the window and door type shown on the floor plan. I have a series of clerestory windows above doors. To select them I just use the Tab key in floor plan view. I open them up in the Window Schedule, and it lists everything about the particular window EXCEPT the window designation (e.g., W01). Is there a setting that I need to select that shows this in the Schedule.

Please see attached Camera view of the far left window for an example. The attached Schedule doesn't list the actual window designation anywhere. The only way to see what type of window this is, is to look on the respective Window Schedule. Very, very time consuming and unnecessary if we just had a check mark in the Schedule.

Attachment 3 is what I'm trying to show in the elevations. I do this manually, but to search for the windows and doors in their Schedules is very time consuming.

Door_Window Schedule 1.jpg

Door_Window Schedule 2.jpg

Door_Window Schedule 3.jpg

25 minutes ago, DHerb2014 said:

I have, hopefully, a quick question regarding how to determine the window and door type shown on the floor plan. I have a series of clerestory windows above doors. To select them I just use the Tab key in floor plan view. I open them up in the Window Schedule, and it lists everything about the particular window EXCEPT the window designation (e.g., W01). Is there a setting that I need to select that shows this in the Schedule.

Please see attached Camera view of the far left window for an example. The attached Schedule doesn't list the actual window designation anywhere. The only way to see what type of window this is, is to look on the respective Window Schedule. Very, very time consuming and unnecessary if we just had a check mark in the Schedule.

Attachment 3 is what I'm trying to show in the elevations. I do this manually, but to search for the windows and doors in their Schedules is very time consuming.

Trying to understand your request but not sure what you are after.
The Callout Symbol is the Column to Include will show window labels if you are using callout labels which it seems you are. You could use the "top" column to include if you wanted to easily spot based on frame/jamb height AFF.
You could also turn on one of the 3d elevations in a schedule.
Why not open all windows and include in schedule and turn on labels?

Please see attached PDF of the floor plan and Window Specification. Also including the cross section view to better show what I'm after.

I want to be able to show both door label and window label for second floor shown in PDF.

1. Door_Window Schedule 4 PDF - Door D08 label shown on floor plan. Two windows above are not shown on floor plan

2. Door_Window Schedule 5 - Cross section showing the door D08 below two clerestory windows above. I need to show labels (e.g., W04) on floor plan and elevations. They should automatically populate, but I don't see where these can be selected.

3. Door_Window Schedule 6 - shows the clerestory window is included in Schedule, but there's no mention of the label anywhere indicating this is (e.g., Window W04).

I can't follow your description, so wanted to include more info on what I'm trying to find out. All I'm trying to determine is how to show the labels for windows and doors that are above or below each other on the floor plan and elevations.

Best -

Door_Window Schedule 5.jpg

Door_Window Schedule 6.jpg

Door_Window Schedule 4 PDF.pdf

Your terminology is confusing, but I think that by "type" of unit, you mean "label."

Only units that are so designated in their spec dialog are included in schedules, and when included, get an auto-generated label (W01, W02, etc.) when a schedule is generated.

Stacked units, in plan view, have their labels atop each other and you only see one, the lower unit, unless you have drag-moved the stacked unit's label away, or specified its offset such that it is separated enough to see, in the spec dialog.  See the attached.  Is this what you are after?

This same topic came up in the last week or so.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 150936.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 150955.png

Solver got it figured out.

FYI the reason the left window wasn't getting labeled properly was instead of having the "Auto Schedule Category" radio button selected like the others, the "Include in Schedule As:" button was selected but no schedule category was selected below that.

I assume the reason you are using the object layer for your labels has something to do with the type of text you want to show up in the schedule callouts. This always confuses the hell out of me too, there has to be a better way.

4 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

Attaching the .plan file for you, Eric, and Rene's use. The window labels are not stacked and the elevations only show what my screenshot shows above in this thread.

I don't see the plan file. Maybe you removed it. I'd like to check it out. 
Can always quote or at mention me if you want me to take a look at something :)