Creating a General Notes Schedule

DHerb2014

I tried the Search feature for anything available for what appears to be a simple note schedule. Trying to create a General Notes schedule that has a variety of options in a column or menu. When adding notes to, say, a floor plan, all you do is individually select (e.g., "2x6 exterior walls w/R21 insulation...") This is added into some type of Keynote Schedule and populates as you select the next item. There would be a large number of these individual notes, and different ones would be used on different projects. As they're added into the schedule, they number themselves, and once you're finished, Send To Layout with appropriate scale.

I watched two videos on Schedules, but they weren't much help. Going to screen capture what this General Notes / Keynotes list would look like.

Keynotes Example X15 PDF.pdf

It sounds like you're looking for a "create schedule for selected objects" feature, which doesn't exist. At least not for general objects. The thing that can do exactly that is Notes. But it means you would have to place a text Note on or near each item you want to add to said schedule, manually add the Text for that object, then create a Note schedule that then references that note.

Here's a video that shows them in action: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/91/using-notes-note-schedules.html

Not exactly what you seem to be after but it's what we have to work with.

18 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

When adding notes to, say, a floor plan, all you do is individually select (e.g., "2x6 exterior walls w/R21 insulation...")

Couldnt you just add your notes to the user library, and then drag them onto your plan as needed? only ones actually on the plan would then only show in the schedule

You could continue to do this, but the numbering system would have to be done each time you drag them into the project. I was trying to find out if you could simply pick what you needed from a menu, drag them into a dialogue box, and they would populate and be numbered in order that you dropped them into the box.

Numbering can be easily adjusted on the Schedule just by dragging the rows around, I understand it's not automated by any means but it doesn't take much time or effort.

Maybe some day we'll get a more general "schedule from selected" feature, but for now we'll work with what we got.

1 hour ago, DHerb2014 said:

drag them into a dialogue box, and they would populate and be numbered in order that you dropped them into the box.

I ran a little test and it appears this may work by using the user library in a specific sequence.. If you have no schedule on your plan, place a note from the user library on the plan, then place a schedule for the note on the plan. it shows up with 1, then add another library note to the plan, it shows up as 2, ....

The above doesnt work if you place the schedule after the dropping all the notes on. If you do that, the numbered order appears to be based on the original numbered order when I saved to the user library. i.e. I created 3 notes: text1,text2,text3 and added them to my library. On a new plan, If I put say text3 on the plan then text2, and then a schedule, text2 will be "1", and text3 will be "2".

But if I put text3 down, then a schedule, text3 will show as 1, and then if I put text2 down, it shows as 2, and then I put text1 down, it shows as 3

edit: also works if you put an empty schedule down first, then add the notes

image.thumb.png.748b18cb4aac5a77e0aebabaa80d723c.png