MS Teams vs Zoom for Collaboration?

tchomes

I did a search before writing this, but didn't find anything quickly so....

For those of you that share your Chief screen with a client while doing design work, have you had any issues with Teams vs Zoom?

I ask as we have been using Zoom since COVID, but thinking of switching to MS Teams since we already have the license with Office 365 and are looking to integrate TEAMS phones.  However, I read that MS Teams can have some issues when sharing video with lots of users.  The most we have on our design meetings is 3-4 users, so unsure if the articles are talking about 100's of users as in a general sales meeting or classroom setting, or if sharing video like Chief, would be problematic...

Not a big issue to switch back, except for the fact that we may get hardware for our office phones that would be setup for VOIP with MS Teams.  not sure if the hardware will still work if we switch back to Zoom and go with another VOIP provider.

Thanks in advance for your great knowledge!

I use Teams for video conferencing and have had no issues with multiple participants. I think the most I've had is 6. I like using Teams because 1) it's included in my Office 365 subscriptions, 2) it records meetings, and 3) it integrates perfectly with my Outlook scheduling.

I also like to use Teams because it automatically creates a site in Sharepoint, which I use to make project-related files (excluding working files) accessible to everyone on the team. I have folders for legal documents, financial documents, work product, surveys, geotech reports, etc. Other app add-ins allow me to manage project tasks and calendars, manage document e-signing through Adobe Sign, etc. I like the chat feature because it keeps all project-related messaging in one place, instead of having compartmentalized conversations through text that might cause conflicts. 

I have not used it with VOIP so I can't speak to that. I have Dialpad on my computer and my cell phone, which I set up through T-Mobile. Dialpad allows me to use my computer's microphone and speakers for hands free conversations and text messaging while I work, and I can switch between devices while on calls without issue. It also has a built-in AI that will automatically record transcripts of my calls, which it then scans (along with text messages) for action items from which it creates tasks for task lists. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RobDesLLC said:

I use Teams for video conferencing and have had no issues with multiple participants. I think the most I've had is 6. I like using Teams because 1) it's included in my Office 365 subscriptions, 2) it records meetings, and 3) it integrates perfectly with my Outlook scheduling

I have switched since going Office 365 as well , that was partly due to Outlook and the included Cloud Storage and have not found any real difference.

M.

• Like 1

Are you looking for FREE or PAID?

I have used different paid options, all are pretty good.

Right now I switched from Join.me to paid zoom.  Zoom is pretty sweet.  AI does a transcript by name (like a script) and the time is unrestricted.

I tried Google Meet a few times.  It seems a bit clunky.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for their comments.  I’ve decided to switch all of our future meetings to Teams and we will try it out.  I won’t cancel my zoom subscription until we used TEAMS for a month or so without hiccups.

I’ve decided not to get Teams integrated VoIP phones.  Seems shortsighted initially. Thanks again everyone!