Pools and hardscaping

MJViking13

Hi all, 

I am currently working on a home design that has a fiberglass pool and a large hardscaped area. I am new to using Chief Architect, but I did not see anything in the catalogue for either of these items. Can someone direct me to where I can find different pool shapes and/or hardscape options? I appreciate any guidance you can provide!

10 minutes ago, MJViking13 said:

Hi all, 

I am currently working on a home design that has a fiberglass pool and a large hardscaped area. I am new to using Chief Architect, but I did not see anything in the catalogue for either of these items. Can someone direct me to where I can find different pool shapes and/or hardscape options? I appreciate any guidance you can provide!

Hardscaping is basically done with slabs and/or terrain features.  I believe @ChiefArchitect has a terrain and site plan seminar coming up any day if we didn't already miss it.  But the help files and videos are very helpful on this. 

image.thumb.png.39ffcf55172ac86ee7f90eb7745ae9f4.png

For the pool there are several in the catalogs if you want a fiberglass.  For a standard built pool I generally use a room on the foundation level.

We've seen user's successfully create pools using terrain feature, and also be creating 'basement' type rooms that are open above. Both methods have their benefits and limitations.

You may try downloading and reverse engineering some of the Sample Plans on our website to see how we've approached these spaces. Many samples also have videos to illustrate how we've come to finish the design.

Check these out: