Anyone else experiencing this after updating catalogs? Still shows Update Available?

Breeze_Design

Anyone else experiencing this after updating catalogs?

X15 Premier - the library browser continues to show "Update available" for catalogs even after running the full catalog update successfully.   The update available marker DOES clear if I right click on the individual catalog and manually update each.  

It just doesn't when I do the Update > Update Library Catalogs from the mail toolbar.

This has been happening for quite some time - Curious !

image.png.0c4f339847ba8a32c6c7d37310484e2d.thumb.png.49d3665a09a98eab16e40124a81b07fd.png

8 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

It seems to be working fine down here in FL.    Good luck figuring it out.  Is your network, ok?

I doubt it - I have no other issues with my PC, or any other network device, and its been this way for quite some time.  It's not a huge deal, just an annoyance really so thought I would ask.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:38 AM, Breeze_Design said:

It's not a huge deal, just an annoyance really so thought I would ask.

Perhaps try Deleting the Offending Catalogs and reloading them as there is (was?) a known Issue with the new Library System , not recognizing some older Catalogs properly, I had to do this back in May to sort out my Library.  I believe my Issue was likely caused by me renaming the Libraries as I downloaded them originally with a more descriptive name than Chief gives them, so I no longer do that.

M.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/39045-x15-catalog-update-error-catalog-could-not-be-found-on-the-server/?do=findComment&comment=295429

Thanks Kbird1 -  Not sure thats the issue - since right clicking each library allows the update and clearing the marker.  If they were not matching up I would think this would not work either.  However, I will ceertainly give it a try as I know these gremlins can have minds of their own :)

Kbird1 - no luck with that suggestion unfortunately.   I deleted and re-downloaded about a dozen catalogs last week.  Now today it shows updates available.  Same thing - when doing the mass "update library catalogs" it states it has updated successfully, but the little icon on the libraries does not clear.  Since this appears to affect only me I will probably wait for X16 and see it that resolves as this is not a huge deal. 

3 hours ago, Breeze_Design said:

Kbird1 - no luck with that suggestion unfortunately.   I deleted and re-downloaded about a dozen catalogs last week.  Now today it shows updates available.  Same thing - when doing the mass "update library catalogs" it states it has updated successfully, but the little icon on the libraries does not clear.  Since this appears to affect only me I will probably wait for X16 and see it that resolves as this is not a huge deal. 

I'd still report it, as if we don't they don't know there is an Issue and you may not be the only one. If it is some sort of Bug, then hopefully it will get fixed for X16.

They quickly looked into my Issue in May, but in my case the Fix was on My End.

M.

• Like 1